Image Map

Monday, June 24, 2013

Must Have Mondays: Kindle

* SO SORRY! I had this scheduled for this morning and apparently it didn't go :o( *

It's Monday and that means it's Must Have time!!!  I can't believe this wasn't my first "must have" when I started this linky!  My Kindle is without a doubt my absolute most favorite thing I have ever bought right after my dog, Bailey :o) 


I have over 300 books on this bad boy and still growing.  I'm all about the feel of books in my hand but I also enjoy saving a tree every once and a while and we live in a small apartment, so this helps me with space saving issues :o)  One of the things I love about my Kindle is the Amazon support that comes with it!

After I had it for over a year or so it just froze and I couldn't fix it.  I called Amazon for help and she tried to reboot it herself and send it a signal but nothing was working and she felt awful that she couldn't fix it.  She didn't know what was wrong but knew that that was NOT supposed to happen.  She said she would send me a brand new Kindle with all my books already on it.  It arrived on my doorstep in less than 24 hours, for FREE.  Now the free part is important because at the time this sucker wasn't cheap and my warranty was up and they had the right to charge me but didn't.  They were beyond helpful and nice and I loved doing business with them.  It's been over 4 years with my second Kindle and no problems ever!  No, they didn't pay me for this post, I just really love my Kindle :o)

What is your "must have" this Monday?  Don't forget to link up and check out what other blogger's need in their lives!



7 comments:

  1. Definitely agree that a Kindle is a must have! Mine travels everywhere with me and is never far from my side.


    :)Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two kindles (and The Oldest has one too). I have the same one as in your picture and one of the newer ones (3rd gen I believe--it doesn't have the keyboard). Couldn't live without them. My original one I use for my little girls and sometimes at school for my students. The newer one is just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a Kindle and I loved it! I donated it to a lower income school when I got my iPad. That is the only thing that made it easier when I got rid of it. It is good to know that some companies take care of their customers! I have had a similar experience with Apple and they were wonderful to me!

    Lil Bit Country In the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two also (one OLD and one FIRE).. you can never have too much of a good thing. I also have the Kindle app installed on every computer with which I work. I've always read aloud to my sixers (and am going to read aloud to my eighth grade class this coming year...new assignment). I started using the app to project whatever book I'm reading onto my Smartboard or TV screen. LOVE it!!!!! BTW, Sabra, I have nearly 1200 books, no kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed! I LOVE my Kindle fire. I got a sweet deal on cyber Monday. Didn't think I would like using it for reading books, but I have adapted. I am moving out of country in a few weeks, and it's nice to know I can have a lot of books on my kindle and not have books take up much needed space in my suitcases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Kindle too! I have the one with the keyboard and no wifi. I like it that way so it is strictly for books:) What is wrong with blogger scheduler? I had Tried It Tuesday set to post this morning at 6am and it still wasn't posted at 8:00! I had to take it off scheduler for it to post. Ugh!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! It's great to hear someone else has as many books as I do waiting to be read on their Kindle. Do you ever get on Shelfari.com and use their virtual bookshelf? All you have to do is use your Amazon account to log-in. I love being able to see the covers of the books I've read, so I don't accidentally read the same thing twice.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin

    ReplyDelete