Image Map

Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Made It: ELA Standards Ribbon

It's Monday which means I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.  This Monday I created a new way of displaying my ELA standards in my classroom.
Last year I only taught ELA and Social Studies and I had a simple white poster that I laminated so I could write on it with Expo markers.  This year I wanted something a little cuter!  I bought the ELA and Math Standards from Little Lovely Leaders during the Teacher Appreciation Sale and then went to town on the laminating and cutting!


Now I DO NOT have a lot of bulletin board or white board space to display my standards or learning goals (hence the previous white poster) so I decided to attach them to a painted yard stick!  I thought that would be more stable than ribbon...  Well it was more stable but not long enough and frankly just not as cute.  So I ditched the yard stick and went with the ribbon. 

 
Here is a picture of the whole ribbon (don't mind the mess all around it).  Now I hot glued the title on but the rest is on with Velcro that way it can be interchangeable.  I will say that the hot glue is WAY better.  The Velcro is not very sturdy and the subtitles limp so I might just hot glue those as well and only put one standard up underneath at a time...  WHO KNOWS!?  I have all summer to figure it out.  What's your Monday Made It?  Don't forget to link up with Tara and see what everyone else is making!


7 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing those, too. So cute!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute! I like how it doesn't take up a lot of space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's precious, Sabra! :) I love the bright and cheery colors! :) My standards are also displayed with essential questions and rubrics and takes up about 8ft of wall. :/ Ugh. Totally in love with your new way and wish I could simplify! ;)

    XOXO,
    Tamara

    Mrs.Russell's Room
    First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it so much! I saw this on instagram earlier....Fantastic Job :) Happy to be a new follower!
    Tracey
    The Teacher’s Chair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! My RC board is hanging on ribbon and I love that it's a space saver!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY cute and cheery! I'm not sure how I want to display my standards/outcomes each day/week. I don't want to take up a lot of space, AND I want it to be EASY to change out. So I might just stick with my whiteboard. Hmmm....I've got SO much to think about this summer! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sabra:
    I was so surprised that I wasn't following you--I fixed that and am now Follower #348!
    :)
    I'm struggling with how to display the common core standards in my room. Your yellow bow and ribbon made such a cheerful statement!
    I hope you are enjoying the summer...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete