Image Map

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tried It Tuesday: Sign In Folder

Today I am linking up with Holly from Fourth Grade Flippers for Tried It Tuesday to show off my Teacher Sign In Folder!  Now I didn't necessarily try this today but I did try it at one point and I realized I COULD NOT live without it and thought other teachers might feel the same!

 
Does anyone else have  a million little sticky notes of user names and passwords or a journal full of them?  Well I did and I couldn't handle it anymore!  The OCD in me said it had to be organized now (colorful wouldn't hurt either).  I stapled a few sheets of notebook paper into a file folder on the right side and on the left I put rows of blank address labels.  On the paper I wrote down all my school and county user names and passwords and the address labels are all the different logins for the websites that I have signed up for.  I use this file folder at least 4-5 times a week for all the different websites we have to visit for this or that.  I keep this next to my computer at all times and I know many of you may be thinking, "That's an awful idea!?  Anyone could get into your accounts!"  Well none of the accounts I write down are the "biggies."  I don't write down any user names or passwords that would put me at risk in anyway.



You can't see it here because I took them out, but I will also store my student's passwords for online programs on a sheet of paper and just slip it into this folder.  It's beyond beneficial to have this at the tip of my fingers whenever I need it!  Quite simple to make as well!  All you need is a file folder, address labels, notebook paper and a stapler.  You could even tweak it and just do two side of address labels!

7 comments:

  1. I saw an episode of Ellen recently where she showed an "As Seen On TV" product for a password journal. Looks like you just saved yourself $19.99.

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I struggle with keeping clutter off my desk and this is definitely a way to cut it. Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower.

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans


    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I am always having to use the "email to receive your password" option on different sites! Thanks for sharing!
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good idea- especially for the kids. It drives me nuts when they ask me what their password is- especially if it's for a site where they had to change it to one of their own! I am glad I found your blog through the linky, I'm your latest follower, I teach year six in New Zealand which is the equivalent of year five over there.

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I think I'll try this as I do my end of the year cleaning and organizing!

    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried giving my students an index card with their passwords but they lose the index card! I like your solution - may have to try that instead.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This a great organizational idea! I have little papers under my desk calendar with passwords and such because I can't stand to see the clutter. This is SO much better:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete