Image Map

Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Made It #7: Crafty Clipboards 2 and Shh-arpeners

I'm back!!!  I have missed the past few Monday Made It due to family visits, wedding stuff, and getting ready for the new year but along the way I have definitely been crafting and storing it all up and now can share a few (I'm saving some in case I can't craft one week but can still link up, lol).  This week I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics to show you more of my Crafty Clipboards and my new Shh-arperners.

Crafty Clipboards Part 2:
Here are my next nine clipboards that I will be using to showcase my student's amazing work!  Click here to check out the first ten and how I created them.  I had to wait a while to create the rest because I started to notice that they all were beginning to have the same design and I didn't want that.  I'm only so creative! LOL  My favorite of this batch is the plaid with the circular numbers, but I do like the nod to my college, UCF, and my background, the blue jeans ;o)  I think I might even go back to the blue jeans one and put white stitching around the edges with a paint marker.









Shh-arpeners:
One of my pet peeves is when my students are working so quietly or trying to get started and all the sudden their concentration is broken by the sound of the electric sharpener!  This year I am changing that!  If it is quiet time in my classroom and our voices are off, then so are the electric sharpeners.  "Well what do I do when I break my pencil?"  Use the Shh-arpeners :o)  I got the fun little box from Target's Dollar Spot and created the label in Word.  Inside are all my hand held sharpeners that will stay in there.  Click on the picture to get your copy of the label.




Tomorrow is my first official day back in the classroom and will be putting up my clipboards so I will soon post pictures of how they all look.  You know me, as long as it looks like an explosion of color I'm loving it.  It's funny because we are finishing up our registry for our wedding and I keep noticing how our home is very natural with warm colors and I think I would have a heart attack if this explosion of colors were in my house but in my second home I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!

Sabra

13 comments:

  1. Your clipboards turned out so cute. Good Job!! Have a great year!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shh-arpeners idea. That is one of my pet peeves too. I suspect it is for quite a few teachers. Your wide variety of clipboards came out great.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Shh-arpeners are genius! I MUST do it too! Thanks!
    - Michele
    MULTIAGE MOMENTS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your clip boards. I went on a clip board craze too!! I only have to make four more to have a class set!! Such Fun!!! I am your newest follower. Come over and check out my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea of using the hand sharpeners! I have when the electric sharpener becomes the center of attention!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Don’t forget to check out My Summer in Pictures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to do my clip boards all summer. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clipboards look cute! What do your students do with them/when do they use them?

    By the way, I have a 300 follower giveaway with lots of goodies! Come by and enter!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea! I hate when the kids need to sharpen the pencils in the middle of quiet time!! Thank you for sharing!
    :)
    Blessings of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, and I will definitely be back to visit it. I love your basket with the hand held sharpeners, great idea. :)

    Janna
    Fabulous Finch Facts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your clipboards are precious! Did you use scrapbook paper to do them??

    The Shh-arpeners are a fabulous idea.....I just may borrow that one!! :)

    Dee
    Mrs. B's Nook

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the Sh-arpener sign! I just purchased a BUNCH of sharpeners for this year because last year was TOUGH on my electric one. Thanks!

    Lori@
    Bee-the-change.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your clipboards! They must have taken forever ~ but soooo worth it! Your sh-arpener idea was brilliant!
    Natalie
    www.nataliesnook123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete